Enlarge the map

Bursatsky Uzviz (Seminarists’ Descent)

Smoothly descending to the Lopan River, the Seminarists’ Descent which replaced a ravine connects Konstytutsii Square with Klochkivska Street. The name of this small street derives from a seminary — ‘bursa’. It was built in 1773 and then re-built twice: in 1825 as designed by E. Vasiliev and in 1885 — by B. Pokrovsky and K. Tolkunov. The latest design has been preserved. It now houses Kharkiv State Academy of Culture (4, Bursatsky Uzviz).